No EFI? No worries! Introducing the Elite VMS - Vehicle Management System - from Haltech. An ignition-only ECU designed for non-EFI, mechanically injected and carbureted drag racing vehicles.
The Elite VMS is a one-stop, one-point-of-contact solution for complete ignition timing control, standard and CO2 style boost control, 6 stages of nitrous control, launch/transbrake, staging, bump-and-creep control as well as on-board data logging. It supports both distributor/Promag ignitions as well as coil-on-plug ignitions.
The Elite VMS-T adds 20 extra channels of data logging and torque management functionality to the standard VMS. Based on target driveshaft RPM, target engine RPM, or any other channel, the Advanced Torque Management (ATM) ensures consistent racing results and is well proven in competitive drag racing applications.
Both are available in Chevy/Hemi and Ford orientations.
VMS and VMS-T are available as ECU only or with a semi-terminated engine harness. The semi-terminated harness is MSD style crank sensor ready, and easily connects to a distributor, MSD or Promag ignition harness. It also connects directly to Haltech’s popular and powerful high output V8 coil-on-plug ignition harnesses which utilize high output IGN1A coils.
The VMS is an ignition controller, boost controller, multi-stage and/or progressive nitrous controller, data logger, transbrake/staging controller and a power management module all in one, compact yet powerful unit!
- Compact size
- Ideal for use with mechanical injection and carburetors
- Waterproof (with USB cover fitted)
- Up to 6 stages of nitrous control
- Closed loop boost control
- CO2 boost control
- Race timer
- Transbrake, bump-and-creep control
- On-board data logging
- Advanced engine protection
- Elite Software Programmer (ESP) real time calibration software
- Load sensing by:
- Throttle Position (TPS)
- Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)
- Engine Pressure Ratio
- Internal 3 bar MAP sensor (up to 29psi/200kPa boost/gauge pressure)
- Distributor ignition systems, multi-coil systems or Haltech Multiplex CDI systems
- Compatible with all Haltech CAN devices and IQ3 dashes
- 8x over-current protected ignition drivers
- Max current 1A per driver
- All spare ignition outputs can be used as generic DPO's with 1A max output
- 9x user definable DPO's
- DPO 1 - Internal 4K7 pull-up adjustable voltage
- DPO 2 - Internal 4K7 pull-up to 5v
- DPO 3-5 - Internal 4K7 pull-up to 12v
- DPO 6-9 - No internal pull-up, use with relays and solenoids
- 5x user defineable AVI's available on the main connector
- Switchable 1K ohm pull-up resistor for sensors (AVI4 & AVI5 only)
- Up to 20v max system voltage
- Supports up to 1.5KHz input frequency
- 2x user definable DPI's
- 50KHz max frequency
- Up to 25v max input voltage
- Fixed 5v pull-up
- 2x engine position inputs with extensive trigger type support
- 1x CAN Bus comms for Haltech CAN expansion or OBD II
- 1x USB connection for programming
- 20 channels of on-board data logging on VMS
- 40 channels of on-board data logging on VMS-T
- Fastest sample rate of 5ms
- 1MB internal storage